Post-cooking machine - Horizontal Post-conditioner (For Aqua Feed)
IDAH Post-conditioner was proposed and invented by IDAH in the 1970s and has since become a standard in pellet mill systems in Asia. Post-conditioning is the most effective and economic method to achieve high-quality pellets. The quality of the pellets is determined by how well the water stability and the nutrient retention when pellets are fed to the water.
The latest design of the post-conditioner system is composed of a KB-series conditioning cooker and a T-series dryer. In the post-conditioning system, the hot pellets enter the steam- or electrical-heated retention chamber to keep material in a high-temperature environment and prevent condensation inside the post-conditioner. This step ensures optimum starch cooking on a considerable proportion of starch contained in the shrimp feed for improving pellet quality (hardness and durability) and water stability. The next step is the drying process where products tumble through multiple decks at thin bed depth. Air circulation and rotating screens inside the T-series dryer are exclusively designed based on shrimp feed properties which ensure pellets are made without cracks, with fewer fines, high water stability, and smoother surface.
The post-conditioning system is specially used for pelleted aqua feed. This system is essential for the production of shrimp feed and pelleted fish feed. This machine is used to prolong the cooking while avoiding condensation inside the post-conditioner. Sufficient post-conditioning will help aqua feed possess better water stability, digestibility, and higher PDI.
KC-Series Post Conditioner
There is a considerable proportion of flour contained in the shrimp feed. How to keep pellets in water with high stability and no nutrient loss, plays a big important role in feed quality. IDAH invents post
conditioner to post-cook the pellets and it is proven to be the most
effective and economical method. Pellets quality will be better after
such process with fewer fines, better water stability, and smoother
Features and Benefits
- Special design for pelleted aqua feed conditioning. An inseparable step in shrimp feed production.
- Integrated retention tank and baking tank.
- Inspect doors for easy repair and maintenance.
- Screw conveyor to discharge dust and keep the machine clean.
- Prolong starch cooking time at high temperature.
- Careful and uniform treatment.
- Stainless steel material for areas in contact with the product
- Convection heat process designed for aquafeed
- Steam jacket, insulated, and the stainless double wall keeps product temperature well above 95℃ and free from condensation.
- The special design of discharging gate and rounded bin wall gives low product residues.
- A low airflow stream ensures a good smell from shrimp feed for an excellent alluring rate.
- Optional hydraulic discharge gate for gradual material discharged from the retention tank